The Thurston County Public Health & Social Services
Department is located in Olympia, Washington. The
Department is governed by the
Board of Health and
of County Commissioners.
mission of the Department is to make a positive,
significant and measurable difference in the
environmental, physical and mental health, safety and
well being of our community.
The Department is funded from a variety of local, state
and federal sources. Programs and services are
operated to promote and protect the public's health.
The Department is organized into seven sections:
The Department's daily operation is overseen by a team of
- Dr. Rachel Wood ~ Health Officer
- Don Sloma ~ Department Director
- Patti Swanson ~ Administrative Services Manager
- Chris Hawkins ~ Community Engagement, Evidence and
- Deborah Allen ~ Disease Control and Prevention
- Art Starry ~ Environmental Health Manager
- Joy Miller ~ Fiscal Manager
- Gary Aden ~ Housing and Community Renewal Manager
- Mark Freedman ~ Social Services Manager