To work with people with developmental disabilities,
families, and the community to promote everyone's
well-being, rights, choices, and opportunities in living as
valued, contributing and integrated members of our
The Developmental Disabilities Program contracts with
agencies in Thurston and Mason Counties to provide
employment, community access and other supportive services
to adults with developmental disabilities and their family
members. All services are guided by values that are
the core of County-delivered services in Washington.
The document, “County
Guidelines,”[PDF] provides a comprehensive overview of these
values and gives strategies that will promote their
- “Power and
Choice” - Making our
own choices and directing our own lives.
- Having people in our lives whom we love and care about
who love and care about us.
- Feeling good about ourselves and having others
recognize us for what we contribute to others and our
- Being a part of our community, through active
involvement. This means doing things we enjoy as
well as new and interesting things.
- Learning to do things on our own or being supported to
do things for ourselves.
- “Health and Safety”
- Feeling safe and secure, and being healthy